Clarification

I'm glad people are reading this, but further explanation is needed if I want to be taken seriously. And at the same time, don't take anything too seriously; this is a damn blog, and I'm just an armchair philosopher, anyway.

My first blog was quite crazy, I know. That was my fault. When I wrote the unorganized gibberish that is my first post, I knew it wouldn't make perfect sense. My head was swimming in thoughts and realizations of the fundamental principles of the universe. Let me see if I can convince you, and this time, I'll try to make it more clear. And I'm probably not the first to make these arguments; actually, I'm sure I'm not.

Quantum physics says all particles are waves until looked upon by an observer, forcing the wave function to break down and become a particle. The act of observing forces the universe to make sense of itself to the viewer. Refer to the double-slit experiment. Now, I'm not saying anything new, but I'm trying to apply it to all of existence. Depending on which part of the wave you look at, the particle could end up at point A, while another observer could look at the wave and the particle could end up at point B simultaneously. The same particle can be in two places at once, which would seem to be impossible.  Unless the particle is at all places at once and waves aren't really waves.  It just looks like a wave to our imperfect senses. We only believe it can be one thing or another and it's hard to understand that it truly is everywhere at once. Waves move through all, interacting with, changing, and being changed by the force of other waves.

Try to keep up.

Now, I can't prove my theory that every particle has consciousness, or is at least aware of two things: itself and things outside of itself, but logically, if something interacts with something else and then changes itself to make sense for that observer, then that might indicate a level of awareness. You could argue that only the observer changes the wave to a particle, but aren't observation waves then emanating from the observer interacting with the observed? And if not, the only other way a wave could break down to a particle is if quantum entanglement has taken place and at the exact same time an object becomes looked at, it instantaneously changes. And even if that were so, it would mean one of two things: either all particles are entangled on some fundamental level: which means everything is one or WAS at one point (the Big Bang) and the observer controls both himself and all other particles he observes, or the particle willingly allows itself to be seen and is aware that something is observing it.

Have I lost you yet?

Either way, though, and this is where I began my blog, is whether or not I, as the observer, can look upon something and change it according to my having looked at it, or whether it changes itself because I looked at it. One thing is for certain, the change itself is real. And I suppose it comes down to willpower, or belief, maybe, that you can shape the world around you to fit your liking. The reason I don't have badass Jedi powers and I can't turn water into wine (yet) is because we are living in the remnants of the waves of the beings who came before us who've already shaped the world to their liking and made rules. That will take a lot of willpower to break.

Haha, the first couple of paragraphs, you were intrigued a bit, but the second I started in with the metaphysical stuff, I lost most credibility with you.  Just suspend disbelief for a bit and really think about it.  I'll make another post after I get some responses in the comments.

In the meantime, I'll be staring at my lighter, trying to will it to float.

Comments

  1. Myles -please stop. This is embarrassing your family. You sound like a fricken idiot and smart people are mocking you. Please stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just because you can't understand? Can you elaborate on what part of my post you have concern with? Please, let me know so I can dumb it down further for you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts